Make your Video
When you enter the 2018 Tiny Desk Contest, you join a nationwide community of music-makers and creators. Get started on your video now!
Here's what you do:
- Create a new video that shows you playing one song you've written.
- Do it the way you'd perform a Tiny Desk concert: at a desk. (Any desk!)
- Upload your video to YouTube.
- Fill out our entry form after it opens on Feb. 20 and before 11:59 p.m. ET on March 25, 2018.
The winner will:
- Play a Tiny Desk concert at NPR in Washington, D.C.
- Tour the United States with NPR and Lagunitas.
- Appear at a taping of NPR’s Ask Me Another.
Keep these things in mind:
- We're looking for undiscovered talent; you can't have a current recording contract.
- You must be at least 21 years old and live in the U.S. to enter.
- Check our Official Rules for all the requirements. Take this quiz to see if you're eligible.
Questions? Contact us.
Are you eligible?
We’ve got a quick and easy way to help you find out!
Watch The Entries
Here's where you can watch videos from the musicians who've entered the 2018 Tiny Desk Contest. Find your band's entry, or just have a look around at what everyone's been creating.
Meet The Judges
Bob hosts NPR Music's All Songs Considered and is a creator of the Tiny Desk series.
Toki is an Emmy Award-winning MC and producer, and a radio host at Minnesota Public Radio's The Current.
Tank is the slam poet and songwriter who fronts Tank and the Bangas, the winners of last year’s Tiny Desk Contest.
Gaby is a genre-smashing singer-songwriter and guitarist who combines her Guatemalan roots with blues, jazz and soul.